DSC Tech Library
WIZARD Phone Systems
This section of our technical library presents information and documentation relating to Predictive Dialers and Auto Dialer software and products.
The PACER and Wizard phone systems are PC based call center phone systems that are recognized as premier inbound and outbound computer telephony systems. Features such as automatic call distribution (ACD), interactive voice response (IVR) and call recording have added a new dimension to the predictive dialer and auto dialer capabilities of these systems. These computer based dialing systems can perform various types of auto dialing campaigns simultaneously. These types include Predictive Dialing, Progressive Dialing, Preview Dialing and Dial on Demand.
WIZARD Phone System Guide
The WIZARD phone system supports both voice broadcasting and IVR phone call processing and monitoring.
The WIZARD software lets you configure this analog phone system. Likewise, call campaigns can be defined to the WIZARD phone system and executed.
This document provides a list of frequently asked questions regarding the WIZARD phone system. If you have questions regarding the operation of this phone, please start here to find the answers to some of the most common questions users have regarding this system.
WIZARD User Manual
The following documents the operation of the WIZARD phone software. This software allows a systems administrator to define specific voice broadcast campaigns and also configure the phone system for inbound call processing.
WIZARD Input Formats
The WIZARD phone system requires input from the administrator to perform voice broadcasting and IVR functions. The following describes this input and the format required.
- Recorded Message Formats The administrator is prompted to enter a voice recording file as input to the WIZARD voice broadcast definition during several phases of this definition.
The acceptable file formats are described here Wav File Formats.
- Phone List Formats The administrator is likewise prompted to enter a phone list file as input to the WIZARD voice broadcast definition during several phases of this definition.
The acceptable phone list formats are described here Phone List Formats.
- IVR Programs When defining a "Custom" voice broadcast, the administrator must define a DNIS entry (under ACD Configuration) that contains a valid IVR program.
These IVR programs must be developed using our IVR development toolkit which is described here IVR Development Tool.
When the WIZARD Voice Broadcasting phone system is first turned on, the you must WAIT at least 5 MINUTES prior to starting up the WIZARD program. This is necessary because of the time required by the Intel/Dialogic board to be initialized. After the appropriate wait, click on the WIZARD Icon appearing on the desktop of the WIZARD Voice Broadcast system.
When the administrator starts up the WIZARD phone system by clicking on the WIZARD desktop icon, the following appears:
After the WIZARD checks the current configuration of the dialer, it displays the WIZARD menu which appears below:
WIZARD Admin Functions
- File. Allows the administrator to Exit or stop the WIZARD Phone System.
- Configuration. Lets the administrator define the WIZARD phone system environment including line configuration, music on hold, DNIS routing, etc.
- Administration. Tool for monitoring individual phone lines on the WIZARD system.
- Voice Broadcast. Tool for executing and managing Voice Broadcast campaigns.
- Help. Displays current revision of WIZARD program.
- File Menu
- Configuration Menu
- Administration Menu
- Voice Broadcast Menu
WIZARD Reporting System
The WIZARD phone system comes with its own reporting system that can produce timely and graphical reports from the status log file created when the voice broadcast campaigns are running.
If these reports are not sufficient for your operation, the WIZARD phone dialer can export call information into a file compatible with PC report and graphical systems.
To execute the WIZARD reports, simply click on the following icon located on the desktop of your phone system.