DSC Tech Library
IVR Software Development Toolkit
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) has developed IVR design software and phone system that is integrated with its PACER and WIZARD call center phone systems. IVR (Interactive Voice Response) systems allow the access of data and information through simple phone responses.
DSC's IVR Software controls the flow of calls through an extensive set of library routines. Callers can perform Self-Help functions such as obtaining account information or the nearest location of stores or service centers by simply responding to questions or prompts provided by the phone system. Call centers can become instantly more productive by letting the phone system gather caller information, verify caller identity and, if necessary, determine the best service representative to handle this call.
IVR Systems can reduce customer service costs and enhance any call center by:
- Extending hours of operation (24 by 7)
- Automating routine tasks, freeing agents to concentrate on more complex service requests
- Speeding response times to callers
- Expanding call capacity faster and at a lower cost
- Providing multi-lingual support
- Reducing the cost of call center agent turnover
- Such benefits can show an immediate return on investment and make your call center even more profitable.
PACER-IVR functions in a client/server environment, where the controlling program for the IVR actually runs on the same server as TELEMATION, our CRM application program. There are several advantages to this approach. First, the IVR program now has complete access to all of the same information as TELEMATION, so it can actually perform call center functions such as dealer lookup, account information access and update, etc. and simply transfer the result information to the PACER phone system to be relayed to the caller. Maintenance and control can likewise be centralized. To facilitate the development of flexible IVR scripts, DSC has modified its programming language, EZTRAN, to include new IVR commands to direct the flow and control of these scripts. Thus, existing PACER and TELEMATION users do not need to learn a new IVR script language. Some of the basic features of the PACER-IVR system are:
- Client/Server Architecture
- DNIS Controlled
- Inbound and outbound Call Processing
- Record messages
- Play Music on Hold
- Multiple IVR Scripts
- Play Message and Prompt
- Play mixture of recorded message and text
- Phone Key Input
- User Navigation and Selection
- Voice Mail
- EZTRAN Flow Control
- Database Access and Update
- Text To Speech (TTS)
- Access and perform TELEMATION functions
- IVR response logging and reports
Upon receiving a call, the PACER phone system uses the DNIS to check for an IVR script. The IVR CLIENT process invokes a server process on the application server and starts a two-way communication with the IVR SERVER. An EZTRAN program controls the flow of the IVR Script by prompting the caller and requesting key input or directing the caller to another DNIS, extension, or Voice Mail. In the process, this EZTRAN program can perform any TELEMATION function including report generation, customer information lookup, etc.
PACER IVR can also initiate outbound calls and prompt the called individual with the same messages (and text) and accept phone key input from this individual as well. The caller and called individual can likewise be “connected”.
PACER IVR ADMINISTRATION
The PACER phone system now includes a new setup window for IVR scripts. Upon definition of a DNIS entry, the administrator can designate that callers on this DNIS will be automatically routed to an IVR script.
FUTURE IVR FEATURES
- Speech To Text (STT) and Voice Recognition
- Randomized Response
- Smart IVR features such as learned response priority
- Advanced reporting facilities
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Data Types and Return Values
IVR Get Digits Exit Statuses
IVR Call Progress Analysis Return Values
IVR Function Results
IVR Error Codes
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) has developed this add-on package
to enhance the capabilities and ease of use of the IVR system.
** Functions in libivr_acc, sold as an additional component to libivr
- Clear human speech for numbers
- Clear human speech for currency
- Clear human speech for phone number with area code and extension
- Clear human speech for address, city, state and zip code
- Clear human speech for dates and time
- Voices and vocabularies can be 100% customized and upgraded
How To Customize
All of the wave files currently in the package can be re-recorded by your own voice actor or actress.
Additional cities can be added to the "Cities" folder.
(Keep the added cites in their natural Title Case . . . "Kansas City" "Walla Walla")
Additional street names and abbreviations can be added to the "Address" folder.
(Keep the added streets in lowercase . . . "broadway" "sunset")
Additional domain names, extensions and other words can be added to the "Internet" folder to better handle e-mail addresses and URLs.
(Keep the added items in lowercase . . . "yahoo" "msn")
When making changes or additions, make sure to keep the wav files in 8 bit Mono / 11.025 kHz. Making a backup copy of the original voice set is always recommended.