DSC Tech Library
Application Development Toolkit Software
This section of our technical library presents information and documentation relating to Application Development software and products.
To develop new or upgrade legacy applications for today’s network environments, the NDK components TRANSACT, FASTPlus, EZTRAN, and THIN CLIENT are required as a minimum.
A copy of the THIN CLIENT is required for each PC accessing the final application. The NDK / Server software component can reside on UNIX, LINUX, or a Windows/NT server.
FASTPLUS - File Management System
is a robust, on-line, multi-key file management system that has proven its
reliability and performance at hundreds of sites through the years. The
system provides fast and powerful ISAM (Indexed Sequential Access Method)
record storage and access for large files. FASTPlus is also capable of
supporting large numbers of concurrent users in the most demanding large
file environment and over networks. Menu driven file utility programs
provide activity information, such as what files are open by which users.
template and usage information can be displayed and files can be quickly
built, dumped or reorganized. Software Libraries are provided for both
native development and emulation of other ISAM systems. FASTPlus is COBOL,
FORTRAN, and C friendly, and is often used for native COBOL ISAM access.
FASTPlus Product Features
- Especially suited for large scale ISAM databases.
- Large file sizes (spans disk partitions).
- Large number of concurrent users.
- Full support for cross-network concurrence handling
- Powerful menu driven monitoring and maintenance utilities.
- On-line file integrity checking capability.
- Multiple key types supported, no required primary key.
- Up to 199 indexes per file.
- Non-contiguous keys supported, up to 128 bytes per key.
- In-place file reorganization.
- Ability to extract deleted records for recovery
- Optionally recovers deleted record space during processing.
- Optionally compress duplicate characters.
- Comprehensive subroutine library.
- State-of-the-art optimized B-tree design.
- Optimized duplicate key processing.
- Efficient concurrence control using memory, semaphores and spin locks.
- Advanced caching of both data and control information.
- Configurable cache size for optimal performance.
- Variable block packing density.
- Fast recovery after system failure.