Emergency Communications / Community Notification
Using our online community notification and alert communications service, administrators can initiate emergency phone broadcasts to their community. This service is available from our call center or from a network of disaster warning dialers that we manage.
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) provides one of the most comprehensive phone solutions and emergency communications services today.
Whether you purchase your own emergency phone dialer or utilize our emergency communications service, you can rely on us to deliver your emergency alert messages quickly and accurately.
When an emergency situation arises in your community, our disaster management phone systems can contact your residents quickly and efficiently.
Should a disaster such as a flood or hurricane threaten your residents, we can provide emergency alerts and evacuation instructions immediately.
Plus our emergency dialers can connect calls to members of your emergency response team who are working from home or from remote locations.
Contact DSC for a FREE analysis and quote and to learn more about our emergency communications system and services.
What Is Automatic Emergency Phone Dialing?
The DSC emergency dialers call numbers from a computer managed phone list. If the phone system detects a live person or an answering machine, it plays a recorded message providing details regarding the emergency.
If a busy signal or no answer is detected, the phone system can be configured to make multiple attempts to contact this household.
Disaster warnings delivered to residents can provide an option for the call recipient to speak with a member of your emergency team by simply pressing a button on the phone keypad.
Types of Emergency Communication Phone Systems
Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of phone dialers that can be easily managed online and remotely. Our network-enabled PACER phone systems allow you to build your own network of emergency dialers or join others. Because emergencies dictate the time constraints required to notify residents, it is important that your emergency response phone system can provide this emergency notification in a timely manner.
By combining many phone dialers in a network, DSC gives you this fast response capability without the expense required to manage this resource.
- WIZARD Analog Phone Systems
- Our analog phone system known as the WIZARD series provides automatic emergency message dialing. This series can be configured from as few as 4 lines to up to 24. This enables you to broadcast up to 1500 messages per hour.
- PACER Digital Phone Systems
- This digital phone system can provide emergency message broadcasting using up to 10 T1 phone lines per system. This provides your community with an effective message delivery rate of up to 15,000 emergency messages per hour.
- Network Emergency Dialers
- Multiple PACER phone systems can be managed by one central program that distributes calls throughout a configured network.
Because availability of phone lines changes dynamically, our control software can optimize the distribution of calls based upon the phone resources that are available at any one moment.
Network emergency dialers can reside on your local area network or can be controlled over the internet. Because there is no limit to the number of dialers in your network, the number of calls per hour is limited only by the resources you have available.
Emergency Phone Dialers
DSC now offers an affordable disaster warning auto dialer and voice broadcasting (VB) analog phone system. This 4 line auto dialing system includes our voice message and broadcast Wizard software or comes optionally with our comprehensive software development toolkit.
You can program your own system or we can provide you with a custom message broadcasting application. These applications can be easily ported to our digital T1 phone system (PACER) when your call volume requires a larger system.
This entry level system can be easily expanded by adding agent lines and software to support a small disaster management center providing inbound emergency call handling and emergency outbound dialing.
DSC provides voice broadcast software including our VB wizard development tool for creating custom phone applications. This wizard guides you through each step when defining your VB applications. Informational phone applications can be developed quickly. Simply record your phone prompts and fill in the blanks.
Activating Your Emergency Communications
DSC systems allow you to initiate a disaster warning using several methods. Because emergencies can arise at any hour of the day or night, we have provided these multiple techniques so that you are not required to staff a center 24 by 7.
- Emergency Control Center
- DSC provides an Emergency Control Center PC interface to our phone systems that manages one emergency phone dialer or an entire network of dialers. Our emergency control program runs either on your local dialer or on the network where your dialer resides. This program lets you download phone lists and emergency phone messages and initiate the emergeny broadcast.
This program likewise lets you configure your network or emergency dialers and produces reports on the performance of your system or network.
- Web Based Control Center
- Our web based emergency notification system lets you access a web page for managing and activating emergency broadcasts. After entering a secure user id and password, you can download phone lists and recorded emergency messages. Using a menu selection, you can select any phone list/message combination to be broadcast online and initiate the emergency alert.
- Phone Activated Emergency Communications
- If you are not able to access the internet and use our web based emergency dialing interface, we allow you to initiate an emergency phone campaign using a simple touchphone into our phone system.
After properly validating your account id and password, the phone system lets you select a pre-recorded messsage (or record one while you are on the phone). It then prompts you to identify the list of phone numbers to be called (previously maintained under your account). Finally this phone program will let you listen to the message to be sent and inform you of the size of the list of numbers to be called as a final check. If everything is ok, then pressing a touchphone key activates the calling program.
- Computer Activated Dialing
- Our emergency communications network also supports computer and web connectivity using XML technology. Thus, emergency communication can be initiated from your website or computer by automatically sending our emergency phone system a message containing a list of one or more phone numbers and a message to be sent to these individuals. The message can be text (which is automatically converted to voice) or a voice file.
Online Community Notification Service Center
Database offers its clients both inbound and outbound emergency broadcast service with the ability to manage their own IVR and Voice Broadcasting campaigns online. After signing up for our call center services, you can login to your own account with a unique user id and password. IVR clients can view activity reports on a real-time basis.
Voice Broadcasting clients can download voice recordings and call lists and even manage the start and end of their calling campaigns that are operating at our IVR call center. Users can view call campaign reports and the percentage of completion.
Emergency Communication Systems Features
- Comprehensive Supervisor Command and Control System
- Emergency Autodialers with Remote Agents
- Preview, Progressive and Predictive Dialing
- Comprehensive List Manager with Data Import
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD systems) with ANI and DNIS recognition
- Hearing Impaired TTY / TDD Device Support
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR systems)
- Emergency Auto Dialers | Voice Recording System
- Softphone integration to CTI enable your existing notification system applications
- Report and Graphical presentation of historical phone data
Applications and Benefits of Emergency Communications Systems
Emergency phone dialers have a wide variety of applications for both commercial and government activities:
Emergency auto dialers provide you with significant benefits:
- Utility or service outages
- Emergency Notification Service
- Severe weather warnings
- Forest Fire warnings
- Emergency School Closings
- Call for volunteers
- Response team notification
- Emergency and Community Alerts
- Cost Savings
- Improved Control
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Maximized Productivity
Emergency Communications Information
Contact DSC at Call Database to learn more about our emergency communications systems and emergency dialer software and systems.
DSC provides community alert and emergency communications phone systems and service for hazardous communications.