Community Notification / Community Warning Systems
Using our online community notification and mass notification service, administrators can initiate emergency phone broadcasts to their community. This service is available from our call center or from a network of dialers that we manage.
If an emergency should arise in your community, our community alert system can contact community households by delivering calls in a fast and efficient manner.
In the event of a natural disaster such as a wildfire or catastrophic flood, you can immediately call households in the affected area and give specific details and instructions. If an evacuation is required this community notification system can deliver the available routes.
If a dangerous chemical spill occurs in your community, you can contact specific response teams and hospital personnel with vital information. In the event of a severe snow storm, your community can be alerted to school closings or event cancellations.
Our community communications service can also be used for corporate or community group emergency notification. Critical system failures or events triggered by sensors can automatically initiate an emergency communications response. Using XML push techniques, our emergency dialers can be programmed to contact response managers or members in minutes of an event.
Our service is capable of leaving messages for both individuals and answering machines. We can also re-dial numbers when there is no answer or a busy signal. A "press through" feature lets your emergency response team member confirm the receipt of the call, leave a voice mail message, or even transfer to one of your other response team members.
Contact DSC for a FREE analysis and quote and to learn more about our community notification phone services.
Phone Or Web Activated Community Alert Service
Our community notification system is easy to install and use. We help you collect community call lists and organize them in a fashion that best fits your community notification requirements. When an emergency arises, you simply record your emergency message offline or use our toll free phone service to record your message.
Next identify your call recipients using a simple list manager or a graphical map display and send us your phone numbers via the internet. You can also identify pre-defined lists to call using simple touchphone responses on our toll free service. We do the rest.
Unlike some systems that are limited by the number of lines available to perform this emergency dialing, our service is provided to you using a network of thousands of phone lines that can deliver your emergency messages much faster.
Our community notification system delivers telephone warnings to individuals or answering machines and can even allow the call recipient to make touchphone selections. This may be critical if your response center requires a positive acknowledgement from the call recipient.
Purchase Or Outsource?
This is a question that communities should carefully consider. A purchased system gives you more control, but requires sufficient phone lines, equipment and on site technical knowledge to keep your system operational. The larger your community, the greater capital expense is required to broadcast your emergency messages in a timely fashion. If your community warning system is used for more than just emergencies, it is easier to justify a purchase over contracted service.
After all, community alert broadcasting is something you hope you never need to use.
Contracting your community notification service requires less up front capital and can provide a faster emergency broadcast response if your provider has the resources available. Other than a monthly subscription fee, you only pay for the emergency broadcast as it occurs. System redundancy is available as well as centralized and experienced technical assistance.
Types of Community Warning Phone Systems
Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of phone dialers that can be easily managed online and remotely. Our network-enabled PACER phone systems allow you to build your own network of emergency dialers or join others. Because emergencies dictate the time constraints required to notify residents, it is important that your community notificaiton phone system can provide this emergency notification in a timely manner.
By combining many phone dialers in a network, DSC gives you this fast response capability without the expense required to manage this resource.
- WIZARD Analog Phone Systems
- Our analog phone system known as the WIZARD series provides automatic emergency message dialing. This series can be configured from as few as 4 lines to up to 24. This enables you to broadcast up to 1500 messages per hour.
- PACER Digital Phone Systems
- This digital phone system can provide emergency message broadcasting using up to 10 T1 phone lines per system. This provides your community with an effective message delivery rate of up to 15,000 emergency messages per hour.
- Network Emergency Dialers
- Multiple PACER phone systems can be managed by one central program that distributes calls throughout a configured network.
Because availability of phone lines changes dynamically, our control software can optimize the distribution of calls based upon the phone resources that are available at any one moment.
Network emergency dialers can reside on your local area network or can be controlled over the internet. Because there is no limit to the number of dialers in your network, the number of calls per hour is limited only by the resources you have available.
Community Warning Dialers
DSC now offers an affordable and expandable community warning auto dialer and voice broadcasting (VB) analog phone system. This 4 line auto dialing system includes our voice message and broadcast Wizard software or comes optionally with our comprehensive software development toolkit.
You can program your own system or we can provide you with a custom message broadcasting application. These applications can be easily ported to our digital T1 phone system (PACER) when your call volume requires a larger system.
This entry level system can be easily expanded by adding agent lines and software to support a small response center including inbound emergency call handling and normal outbound dialing.
DSC provides voice broadcast software including our VB wizard development tool for creating custom phone applications. This wizard guides you through each step when defining your VB applications. Informational phone applications can be developed quickly. Simply record your phone prompts and fill in the blanks.
Activating Your Community Warning System
DSC systems allow you to initiate an emergency broadcast using several methods. Because emergencies can arise at any hour of the day or night, we have provided these multiple techniques so that you are not required to staff a center 24 by 7.
- Emergency Control Center
- DSC provides an Emergency Control Center PC interface to our phone systems that manages your own emergency phone dialer or an entire network of dialers. Our emergency control program runs either on your local dialer or on the network where your dialer resides. This program lets you download phone lists and emergency phone messages and initiate the emergeny broadcast.
This program likewise lets you configure your network or emergency dialers and produces reports on the performance of your system or network.
- Web Based Control Center
- Our web based community notification system lets you access a web page for managing and activating emergency broadcasts. After entering a secure user id and password, you can download phone lists and recorded emergency messages. Using a menu selection, you can select any phone list/message combination to be broadcast online and initiate the emergency alert.
- Phone Activated Emergency Communications
- If you are not able to access the internet and use our web based emergency dialing interface, we allow you to initiate an emergency phone campaign using a simple touchphone into our phone system.
After properly validating your account id and password, the phone system lets you select a pre-recorded messsage (or record one while you are on the phone). It then prompts you to identify the list of phone numbers to be called (previously maintained under your account). Finally this phone program will let you listen to the message to be sent and inform you of the size of the list of numbers to be called as a final check. If everything is ok, then pressing a touchphone key activates the calling program.
- Computer Activated Dialing
- Our community notification network also supports computer and web connectivity using XML technology. Thus, emergency communication can be initiated from your website or computer by automatically sending our emergency phone system a message containing a list of one or more phone numbers and a message to be sent to these individuals. The message can be text (which is automatically converted to voice) or a voice file.
Online Community Notification Service Center
Database offers its clients both inbound and outbound emergency broadcast service with the ability to manage their own IVR and Voice Broadcasting campaigns online. After signing up for our call center services, you can login to your own account with a unique user id and password.
Emergency notification clients can download voice recordings and call lists and even manage the start and end of their calling campaigns that are operating community warning call center. Users can view call campaign reports and the percentage of completion.
Community Alert Answering System with Call Recording
Our call center phone system is far more than just an emergency dialer. These emergency phone systems have complete inbound call distribution capability including an ACD system and an optional IVR system. Callers can be connected immediately to emergency operators or can be prompted to enter the type of emergency assistance required, etc. and our emergency phone system will provide the requested information or transfer the caller to the appropriate emergency response team member.
These emergency phone systems can blend all of these tasks together, making your emergency center a more complete and powerful response center. Reports from our phone dialers can be obtained quickly and easily, giving you an accurate and timely view of your center's operation. Plus all or selected inbound and outbound calls can be recorded for quality assurance and legal purposes.
Community Notification Systems with Remote Emergency Operators
An important benefit of today's telecommunication advancement is the ability for your emergency response team to work from home. Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of telecom products that facilitate and promote this capability. Our PACER emergency phone dialers and computer telephony products fully support remote agents.
Now your workforce can be significantly expanded with the addition of work at home employees. The economic savings and environmental advantages are significant.
To obtain additional information about our remote agent capability, view our Remote Agent page.
Applications and Benefits of Community Alert Systems
Community notification phone dialers have a wide variety of applications for both commercial and government activities:
Community communication dialers provide you with significant benefits:
- Utility or service outages
- Emergency Notification Service
- Severe weather warnings
- Forest Fire warnings
- School closings
- Call for volunteers
- Response team notification
- Emergency and Community Alerts
- Cost Savings
- Improved Control
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Maximized Productivity
Community Warning System Features
- Comprehensive Supervisor Command and Control System
- Emergency Autodialers with Remote Agents
- Preview, Progressive and Predictive Dialing
- Comprehensive List Manager with Data Import
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD systems) with ANI and DNIS recognition
- Hearing Impaired TTY / TDD Device Support
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR systems)
- Emergency Auto Dialers | Voice Recording System
- Softphone integration to CTI enable your existing notification system applications
- Report and Graphical presentation of historical phone data
Community Notification Information
Contact DSC to learn more about our community warning systems and service.
DSC provides community alert and community communications phone systems and service for hazardous communications.