Connect your employee's PCs and network devices to our PACER or WIZARD phone systems using one standard interface using our computer phone software.
CTI enable your existing applications by placing computer telephony integration phone functions and features within your existing desktop programs, whether they are designed for the Web or Windows. Or simply use one of our stand-alone Softphone programs in conjunction with these existing applications.
The Database Softphone connects your PC to PACER (digital) and WIZARD (analog) Series of phone systems.
Extensive reports, statistics, and graphs are included with this Softphone to help you effectively manage the use of your phone system.
A Softphone functions on your Local Area Network (LAN) or over the Internet, enabling your employees to work either in your corporate offices, satellite remote offices or from the convenience of home.
Contact DSC to learn more about our softphone software and phone systems.
Types of Computer Phone Software
Phone software can be customized to fit the look and feel that you want for your applications. Softphones can be standalone programs or can be embedded in your PC or Web application:
A standalone softphone is a PC program that includes softphone API routines.
This program can be developed in C/C++, Visual Basic, Active X Control, .NET Control and other PC programming protocols.
Database has developed a number of softphone models that can be used as standalone applications on your agent desktops. We also can customize your softphone for the look and feel that best suits your organization. And with our extensive software library, you can develop your own PC softphones.
Softphone Embedded in PC Applications
Softphone library calls can be embedded in your PC applications, effectively "CTI enabling" these applications. Phone information can be passed to these PC applications which can be launched based upon a phone event such as a received phone call.
Applications can be written in C/C++, Visual Basic, Active X Control, .NET Control and other protocols. Refer to our Softphone API manual.
Softphone Embedded in Web Application
Softphone functions can be embedded in your existing Web application. Phone functions can be initiated from your browser application.
Softphone Buttons Embedded in Existing Web Applications
The above example demonstrates the use of phone functions within a browser based application. Phone buttons can be embedded anywhere in your web application, connecting your users with our phone systems. This option provides limited phone functionality due to the asynchronous nature of web operation.
Web Application Embedded In Softphone
Conversely, the DSC softphone can control web applications within itself, offering complete navigational control of web pages and applications based upon phone events. The softphone can control which web page appears based upon a phone event such as the receipt of a call. This feature provides the maximum phone control and allows the softphone to launch web pages, passing variable information to each page as it is displayed.
Phone Software Functions
Our phone software library support many phone features. The following are just a few of these computer telephony functions.
The graphic buttons are just examples and can be tailored to fit your specific phone applications.
- This function allows a user to login to our phone system.
The above list is just sample of the functions that can be performed by our computer phone library.
For a complete listing of these softphone functions, view our online Softphone API manual.
- Likewise, a user can log off from our phone systems.
- Make a user available to make or receive calls.
- A User can initiate a phone call through our phone system.
- User can place a call on hold.
- User can take a call off hold.
- A user can start recording a phone conversation.
- User can stop recording the phone conversation.
- A user can hangup on a phone call.
- Make a user unavailable to make or receive calls.
Types of Phone Software Campaigns
Phone systems from Database Systems Corp. are state-of-the-art computer telephony systems that handle inbound and outbound phone calls. Our phone systems and softphone application software support various different inbound and outbound phone campaigns.
- Inbound Call Answering
- Our computer phone application can process inbound phone calls that are distributed using our phone system's ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) system. With our IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system, callers can perform self-help functions without speaking with your agents by making simple selections using the keypad on their phone set. Our phone system can connect these calls our softphone applications that are running on your local network or over the internet.
- Outbound Dialing Campaigns
- Our computer phone application is also capable of processing outbound phone calls including dial on demand, Predictive Dialing, progressive dialing, and preview dialing - all at the same time. For further information, please visit our Predictive Dialer webpage.
- Blended Call Operations
- The Database Systems Corp. computer phone system and softphone application software are capable of performing both inbound and outbound calling functions simultaneously. This blended call capability makes our softphone and phone system ideal for call centers.
Phone Software Communicating With Remote Agents
An important benefit of today's telecommunication advancement is the ability for your employees to work from home. Database Systems Corp. has developed a family of telecom products that facilitate and promote this capability. Our CTI Software, combined with our PACER call center phone system, fully supports remote agents. Now your workforce can be significantly expanded with the addition of work at home employees. The economic savings and environmental advantages are significant. To obtain additional information about our remote agent capability, you may view our Remote Agent page.
Phone Software Reports
A key feature of our phone software system is the ability to generate real time reports and graphs. This important measuring system helps you observe and control the performance of your call center and phone system with clear and meaningful displays.
Graphs and charts of operational statistics let you measure the effectiveness of each user and campaign. Reports and graphs include both inbound and outbound statistics. The information contained in each of these reports can be downloaded into a spreadsheet format for individually customized reporting. A complete sample of the reporting capability of our CTI software can be seen by clicking on the graphic to your right.
Phone Software and Systems
DSC offers an affordable entry level computer phone system and dialer that utilizes analog phone lines. This 4 line auto dialing system includes our WIZARD dialer and softphone or comes optionally with our comprehensive software development toolkit.
Auto dialing campaigns can be developed using our WIZARD software setup utility or we can provide you with a custom auto dialer campaign. These applications can be easily ported to our digital T1 phone system (PACER) when your call volume requires a larger system.
Calling campaigns can be quickly developed that call numbers from a phone list and when contact is made with an individual, the call can be routed to your online agent or to a work from home employee. If an answering machine is detected, a different message could be left on the machine.
This entry level computer phone system can be easily expanded by adding additional agent lines and software to support a small call center operation including complete CRM applications.
DSC provides voice broadcast software including our VB wizard development tool for creating voice broadcasting applications. This wizard guides you through each step when defining your VB applications. Comprehensive phone applications can be developed quickly. Simply record your phone prompts and fill in the blanks.
Phone Software Features
Here are some of the robust features of our Universal Softphone:
- Full feature CTI Software APIs integrated within your desktop Windows applications
- Same computer telephony software APIs can be linked into your Web based systems
- Stand-alone User desktop CTI Softphone
- Supports a number of PBX and PC based phone systems
- Add computer telephony integration software to Unix and Linux applications
- Complete CTI software control of your phone system including login and logout
- Ability to make and receive phone calls manually
- Standard features such as call on hold, transfer and redirect are available
- Direct link to individual Voice Mail
- IVR interface with Text To Speech Software
- Link your employee applications with predictive or progressive dialing campaigns
- Screen pops appear on the employee desktop when the Softphone is configured with an inbound call campaign
- Internet enabled, allowing employees to work from home
- Complete administrative control of each Softphone user
- System administration including reports, graphs, user grouping, and call campaign control
Contact DSC to learn more about our computer phone software.