DSC Tech Library
Organizations looking for outbound and inbound telemarketing services can outsource their IVR and affordable telemarketing center. As designers of Interactive Voice Response IVR systems and Voice Broadcasting software, Database Systems Corp. (DSC) is uniquely positioned to manage your outsourcing programs saving your company both time and money. Because our products are created in-house, we can deliver comprehensive telemarketing services quickly -- providing you with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Plus you will find our inbound and outbound telemarketing outsourcing services to be quite affordable.
The following is an article relating to the telemarketing industry including products and services in our business areas.
The 7 Deadly Sins of Lead Generation
By: Dean Rieck
When I talk about lead generation, I often feel like a country preacher at a revival meeting. I want to implore you to follow the straight and narrow of sales lead strategy. And I want to warn you of the dire consequences of giving in to the worldly temptations of fancy advertising.
Can I get an amen?
So listen, my brothers and sisters. You hire salespeople to sell. And the more time they spend closing deals, the more money your company makes. Good leads save time, cut costs, and create more profit.
But while a lead generation effort can bless your sales staff with leads that result in heavenly sales, committing one or more of the following sins can condemn your efforts and send your profits plummeting toward the netherworld.
For another sermon on how people stray from the straight and narrow of lead generation, read Want Sales Leads? Stop Working so Hard!
- Anger — Infighting between the marketing and sales departments is common, but it can kill a lead generation program before it even begins. Remember, it takes both departments to make lead generation work. Marketing is responsible for bringing in the leads. And sales is responsible for converting those leads to dollars. Respect each other. Talk to each other. Share information. If ever there was a need for team effort, this is it. Blessed are they who work together, for they shall also profit together.
- Covetousness — Being greedy by hoarding your marketing materials is false economy. Information sells, especially for high-priced or hard-to-understand products and services, such as financial, high-tech, industrial, or brand-new business categories. To generate leads, you have to give away fact kits, work sheets, videos, brochures, demos, and other informational freebies. Blessed are the generous, for they shall be repaid tenfold.
- Envy — Seeing other companies win creative awards and wanting the same for yourself is what I call "award envy." And while there's nothing wrong with a creative campaign, creativity for its own sake is a profit killer. Always start with the offer and make sure copy and design support the message. Stay focused on getting the lead and don't try to accomplish anything else. Also, don't be afraid of "ugly" materials. Simple design, bold colors, and straightforward copy work best. Blessed are the uncreative, for they shall create great wealth.
- Gluttony — Too many lead generation mailers and ads are fat with information. That's good in mail order, but in lead generation, "the more you tell, the LESS you sell." Avoid overlong copy. Don't disclose too much too soon. The idea is to tease people with a little information and get them to ask for more so you can capture their name, address, phone number, and other data. Saying too much upfront may satisfy your prospects' hunger and provide reasons for them to not respond. Blessed are they of few words, for their riches shall speak for them.
- Lust — Of course you crave more profits. But trying to appeal to everyone all the time isn't the way to boost sales. You must target your efforts. Forget about all the people who aren't interested. Focus instead on the 5 to 10 percent of your list who are. These are the leads you'll convert into sales. Blessed are they who seek only the best prospects, for their sales shall exceed all others.
- Pride — Your company mission statement may bring tears to your eyes. But all that proud, chest-thumping verbiage is just empty noise for your prospects. Face it. People don't care about you, your company, or your product. They only want to know what you can do for them. So talk about benefits and save the corporate banter for your annual report. Blessed are the humble, for they shall take pride in their fortune.
- Sloth — In any lead generation effort, you have two salespeople on the job-the sales rep and the copywriter. You'd never hire a lazy rep. So why would you hire a lazy writer? Choose the best copywriter or consultant you can afford, someone who understands sales and the bottom line. Strong, risk-free offers stated boldly will generate leads. Blessed are the energetic, for they shall outsell their idle competitors.
Copyright © 2002 Dean Rieck. All Rights Reserved.
Mortgage Software Application
Database Systems Corp. has developed a mortgage software application for mortgage qualification and prospect lead tracking. This application is completely integrated with our phone systems which can perform both inbound and outbound mortgage marketing campaigns. Our mortgage processing application was developed using TELEMATION, our award winning contact management software application toolkit. This CRM software tool is ideally suited for processing mortgage loans and managing customer information.
This CRM application is employed in a wide variety of organizations including contact centers, help desks, customer service centers, service bureaus, reservation centers and corporate call centers.
Our mortgage marketing software has extensive computer telephony features and is fully integrated with our marketing autodialer and phone system. TELEMATION operates on Linux, Unix or Windows servers. Mortgage applications can be quickly tailored to your mortgage business using the robost features found in our mortgage software toolkit.
Mortgage companies such as Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corporation have relied upon TELEMATION to handle their mortgage processing requirements.
To view how other businesses and organizations are using this mortgage software application, please visit our Mortgage Application web page.
Contact DSC to learn more about our mortgage software applications and phone systems.