Computer Assisted Telephone Interview
Phone Interview IVR Systems and Services
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) provides call center technology and phone systems including automatic phone interview applications.
With technology from DSC, we can develop your computer assisted telephone interview (CATI) applications using our interactive voice response IVR solutions.
Phone surveys can be initiated by outbound phone calls or can be a response to callers. Using our phone system with the Smart Message Dialer and phone interview IVR software, we can call a potential interviewee and play a custom greeting.
The survey call recipient is given the option to be interviewed by phone or can talk with a representative (if you choose), leave a voice message, hear additional information or simply decline the interview. The phone interview application can be programmed to accept touchphone response or can record each question response for later analysis.
Contact DSC to learn more about our automated phone interview software and services.
To view articles about IVR surveys and computer assisted phone interview applications, please visit our Phone Survey Tech Library web page.
CATI Computer Assisted Telephone Interview Features
In general, computer assisted phone interviewing offers some very appealing benefits and features. Here are just a few:
- Standardized sampling and call-back procedures can be programmed in the system to insure uniformity of practice and more efficient calling routines.
- Interview questions can be automatically modified to insert information already obtained and to phrase questions appropriately by such personal characteristics as gender and marital status.
- Computer-controlled skip patterns permit far more complex interviews than are possible with paper and pencil forms. Questions can be designed to vary according to answers given earlier in the interview or even according to random numbers. Complex experiments can be integrated into the survey.
- In-process data cleaning is a standard benefit, since many potential interviewer errors, such as missed questions or inappropriate skips, are virtually eliminated. Also, apparent discrepancies between responses may be automatically identified for probing during the course of the interview.
- Tabulations and data files are available sooner because data entry and most manual editing and data cleaning steps are eliminated. For more complex studies, this may save weeks between the completion of interviewing and the beginning of analysis.
- Automatic record-keeping, by date, time, sample segment facilitates both interim and final reports on sampling outcomes and performance. Automatic timing of alternate question wordings and sequences can aid in the design of interviews that are less burdensome to respondents and more efficient for researchers.
IVR Phone Interview Features
Our automated phone interview IVR software and phone system provides you with a highly customizable solution for your phone interviewing needs. Our staff can develop your surveys quickly and at an affordable price.
If you wish to develop these surveys yourself, we provide the training and tools to accomplish this. Here are just a few of the features that make our phone survey software stand out from the rest.
- Unlimited Phone Questions & Responses
- Unlimited Phone Menu Branching
- Text To Voice Data Question Insertion
- Randomized Questions
- Unlimited Recorded Digit Responses
- Unlimited Recorded Voice Responses
- Customized Summary Reports
- Interview Question Time-out Feature
- Transfer Respondent To a Live Representative
Since 1980 Heritage Security Services has been providing high quality, cost-effective security services for a broad range of clients using the concept of Atmosphere Management. This includes service for construction projects, industrial /manufacturing plants, retail centers, medical facilities, financial institutions, government agencies, transportation districts, cruise lines, sporting and entertainment events, as well as all types of special shows and demonstrations.
Heritage Security conducts automatic phone interviews with potential security personnel. Heritage publishes a help wanted ad in print media which includes a toll free number to be called by all prospective employees.
Callers answer specific background questions and depending upon the answers to these questions, a live interview is scheduled. Our IVR software processes this automatic phone interview and also provides the caller with the date and time of the followup interview.
Types of Computer Assisted Telephone Interview Campaigns
Database Systems can provide any type of calling program required by your organization and can even blend several types using our automated phone interview autodialer to determine what works best for your specific program.
- Inbound IVR Phone Interviews
- This is the most common use of automated phone service for interview applications. Typically the caller is directed to call a phone number for purposes of responding to a phone interview.
Respondents answer interview questions using touchphone keys or voice recorded answers. Finally, the call can be transferred to a "live" interviewer if the phone interview requires individual attention.
This method achieves the maximum results from your interviews and eliminates the tedium of asking repetitive questions with simple responses.
The remaining types of surveys relate to outbound calling campaigns that are fully automated or require a "live" interviewer to conduct your interviews.
- Automatic Phone Dialing
- This traditional method of calling dials a number from a phone list when an interviewer is available. When the number is dialed, the phone system transfers the call to your interviewer.
This method simply relieves your interviewer from the task of manually dialing calls.
This type of calling is appropriate for low volume calling or when your interview is complex and needs more personal interaction.
- Message Broadcasting (Interview Announcements)
- This is another method of calling where the phone system dials from a list and plays a pre-recorded message either to an individual or to an answering machine. An interviewer is not required.
This technique could be useful when you wish to inform a potential candidate of the interview, or to provide instructions on how to contact your organization to participate in the interview.
- Message Broadcasting and Touchphone Response (IVR Interviews)
- This method expands the prior telephone survey technique by playing a message that gives the interview candidate options from which to select. Using touchphone responses such as "Press 1 for...", options could be the interview itself with the option of leaving a voice message, or speaking with an interviewer.
A different message can be left on an answering machine..
- Predictive Dialing (Interviewer Pacing)
- Predictive dialing is very similar to automatic dialing, except the phone system dials several numbers ahead to reduce the amount of wait time between calls that your interviewers handle. This greatly increases your interviewer's productivity, but may lead to lost calls because the phone interview dialer contacts an individual when no interviewer is available.
- "Smart" Message Dialing
- This type of calling campaign blends Message Broadcasting with Predictive Dialing and can produce very productive results. Messages are played to interview candidates, and if the individual chooses to be interviewed, the call can be transferred immediately to one of your interviewers.
A separate phone message can be left on an answering machine.
Outsource Your Phone Interview Applications At Our Call Center
Database Systems Corp. can provide your organization with a complete turnkey IVR phone application and phone interview system. But you can also outsource your telephone interview projects at very affordable rates through our call center.
Using our phone dialer and your survey representatives, you can enjoy the benefits of this latest technology without the investment of phone equipment and support personnel.
This "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" option lets you experience the results we know you can achieve through automation.
Contact DSC today for a free quote.
Automated Phone Interview Benefits
- Consistent Greeting and Interview Presentation
- Inbound Automated Interview Call Response
- Outbound Telephone Interview Calling
- Maximized Interview Productivity
- Process Automated IVR Phone Interviews
- Enhanced Cost Savings!
- Improved Control of Interview Process
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Expanded Information Capability
Contact Database Systems Corp. Today
Contact DSC to learn more about our automated phone interview software and ivr autodialer.