Automatic Phone Reminders and Remote Data Access
Automatically send phone reminders from your computer system using our XML push software.
Let our phone system automatically access information from your computer systems and web servers using our XML Pull and web information retrieval logic.
Alerts can be automatically broadcast to systems administrators or to an entire department based upon an external event such as a power failure or system failure.
Other applications may be as simple as
wake up calls or weather alerts that are triggered automatically from your own computer systems or websites.
Using standard XML protocol, develop applications that transmit phone reminder messages to our call center to perform the required phone messaging tasks. This could including simply sending a single message to one phone number, several phone numbers, or to an entire list of numbers.
The message can be sent in the form of a wav file or a text file that is automatically converted using our text to speech software. Several voice wav files can be designated in the XML push message, giving you maximum flexibility.
Call us at Call Database for a FREE analysis and to learn more about our automatic phone messaging systems and telephone reminder services.
XML Pull Data Access
Database Systems Corp. supports XML Pull and Web Information Access logic that enables our PACER phone system to make external requests for information via the internet.
Using this technique, callers can be given information maintained anywhere on the web. Using our Text To Speech application software, text information can be retrieved via discreet messages to other web sites (or servers)
and this information converted into a phone message that is automatically played to the caller.
Virtually any type of information can now be relayed to a caller using our phone system such as student wake-up calls.
XML Messaging and How It Works
XML messages can be easily sent from your existing computer applications. Database Systems Corp. supports several "canned" XML message formats, but can develop new formats that fit your requirements.
View how other companies and organizations are using our software and phone systems with their
XML Push Applications.
AT&T Wireless (NYSE: AWE) is a leading provider of advanced wireless voice and data services for consumers and businesses. Operating one of the largest digital wireless networks in North America and the fastest nationwide wireless data network in the United States, AT&T Wireless provides its customers with high-quality mobile wireless communications service in the U.S. and internationally.
AT&T WNCC uses our voice broadcasting center with XML push to notify internal personnel whenever a network outage occurs such as its routers and general cellular infrastructure. AT&T Wireless personnel receive up to three different notifications during any given failure.
These notices are triggered by a unit failure and may also include interim updates as well as a notice when the unit returns to service. AT&T personnel create dynamic messages which are converted to a voice message using our text to speech program. The message identifies the specific region where the unit outage occurred along with a list of who to call.
Types of XML Push Voice Broadcast Campaigns
Database Systems can provide any type of XML push calling program required by your organization and can even blend several different types to determine what works best in your specific calling program.
Contact DSC today and let us show you how we can tailor our XML Push Voice Broadcasting system to meet your requirements, whether performed at our call center or yours.
- Simple XML Push Voice Broadcast
- This is a basic message broadcast campaign which includes a simple text message (or wav file) and a phone number to call. The call can be to an individual or answering machine, or both.
This technique could be useful when you wish to simply provide information or announce an event, provide a reminder, or request an action from the contacted individual.
- Multiple XML Push Voice Broadcast Messages
- This is similar to the Simple XML Push voice broadcasting but more than one phone number can be designated to receive this message. Likewise, the XML message could designate a specific list that is currently maintained on the phone system to be used by the dialer. This technique could be useful when you wish to perform targeted messaging or if you want to provide special reminders to a department or group.
- XML Messaging and Touchphone Response
- This method expands the prior call technique by playing a message that gives the contacted individual options from which to select. Using touchphone responses such as "Press 1 for...", the choices could include obtaining additional information, leaving a voice message, or terminating the call.
A different message can be left on an answering machine or the answering machine could be ignored completely. Although more complex than the prior call types, this form of call broadcast dialing allows the called individual to make choices when receiving the message.
To hear an example of this type of message, click the Appointment Reminder button.
- XML Automatic Voice Broadcasting and Call Transfer
- This is similar to the prior call technique but with the option to transfer the call to a third party. Again, using touchphone responses the contacted individual can request that the call be transferred to an outside agent. The phone system dials another number and when contact is made with the third party or different phone system, the call is transferred.
This is effective when the transfer party or organization is remote or not directly connected with your phone system and center.
Phone Messaging System Demonstrations
Database Systems Corp. has prepared a full length presentation of our PACER phone system with XML Push and IVR features that you can easily download and view. Included in this presentation are several different PACER phone campaign demonstrations along with an explanation of our IVR capability with online reports.
This presentation includes PACER's robust features plus a tutorial on predictive dialing. Also included is a presentation on remote agents and web integration. Simply click on the image to your right to start the download process of our PACER and IVR Demonstration.
The Benefits of XML Message Broadcasting
By utilizing our XML Push phone messaging system, your organization can improve productivity by:
Such benefits can show an immediate return on investment and make any call center more profitable.
- Automating emergency notification services
- Generating additional revenue with existing service center
- Processing simple notification and reminder calls
- Extending hours of operation (24 by 7)
- Automating routine tasks thereby freeing agents to
concentrate on more complex service requests
- Speeding response times to callers
- Expanding call capacity faster and at a lower cost
- Providing multi-lingual message support
- Reducing the cost of service center operations
XML Push Applications
These are just a few applications for XML Push phone messaging:
- Automatic Message Service
- Technical Assistance Alert
- Marketing Promotion Alert
- Student/Instructor Reminders
- Wake Up Service
- Appointment Reminders
- Power Outage Notification
- System Failure Alert
- Severe Weather Warnings
- Stock Alerts
- Relay Web data via XML Pull
- Disaster Alerts and Warnings
- Group Meeting Notifications
- Special Event Notification
- Wedding/Funeral Announcements
- And much more.....
XML Pull Applications
These are just a few applications for XML Pull Remote Data Access:
- Automatic Message Service
- Technical Assistance Information Access
- Retrieve Customer Info using XML Pull
- And much more.....
- Account Balance Information
- Email access and playback
- Sports Scores and Team Information
- Weather and Temperature Reports
- And much more.....
XML Push / XML Pull Features
- Client/Server Architecture
- XML Standard Messages
- Multiple messages in XML message
- Customized XML message processing
- Multiple phone number messaging
- Play Message and Prompt
- Call Outside Line and Transfer
- Connect Caller to Outside party
- Record Automatic Message and Store
- User Navigation and Selection
- Voice Mail
- Route Caller to Support Rep.
- Database Access and Update
- Text To Speech (TTS)
- Mix Messages and Text
- Response Logging and Reports
XML Product Information
Contact DSC to learn more about our xml push software and automatic messaging system.